For Academic and Professional Authors
Erudite Scribe, based in Brisbane and on the Sunshine Coast, is an Australian academic and professional writing editing and publishing service working in a wide range of fields including psychotherapy and counselling, education, indigenous studies, health and well-being, creative writing, fiction, poetry, film, visual and performing arts, education, medical humanities, clinical sciences, sustainability, ecology and life sciences, economics and development, business and marketing, government, history, philosophy, peace studies, refugee issues, natural and built environment, interdisciplinary studies, transcultural issues and translational research.
- We edit journals and assist researchers editing academic papers and dissertations.
- We offer author funded publication of non-fiction books including those arising out of academic theses and dissertations. Translation of a thesis or dissertation into a published book is possible within a year of examination, facilitated by partnerships with electronic publishers and book distribution services.
- We offer extensive manuscript evaluation reports for $599 up to 10000 words, and $150 per 10000 words thereafter. Brief reports cost $399. Publication cost estimates are inclusive of evaluation report costs. Preliminary consultation is provided free of charge.
- We provide organisational consultancy and project management in all fields of writing editing and publishing. Executive coaching, speech writing and consultancy services are also available. Writing and editing workshops and consultation on manuscript development can be provided.
- Manuscript editing rates vary between $50 and $90 per hour depending on the task and on complexity of sample text provided. ESL editing rates for journal articles begin at $300 for manuscripts 3000 words or less.
- Creative Writing and Editing workshops and Academic Editing Tutorials are available, subject to expression of interest by individuals, small groups, and larger organisations.
Quick Links to What We Do best
in writing editing and publishing
- Academic and Professional Writing Editing and Publishing
- Manuscript Evaluation
- Thesis Editing
- Journal Editing
- ESL Editing – Services to Authors with English as Second Language
- Freelance Writing
- Academic Writing Tutorials
Erudite Scribe Writing Editing and Publishing provides a wide range of services to academic and professional authors and organisations. Our ESL Editing service for authors with English as a Second Language works manuscripts to scientific standards for scholarly publications. Our thesis and dissertation editing service is available to academic authors at competitive rates. We also offer translation of a doctoral thesis or dissertation into a published monograph within a year of successful examination.
We are based in Brisbane and at the Innovation Centre on the University of the Sunshine Coast campus, in Queensland, Australia. We are able to offer the option of paper or electronic publication to authors able to access a funding source for scholarly manuscripts. We work in partnership with electronic publishers and distributors including eContent Management http://www.e-contentmanagement.com/ (for academic and professional works) and Interactive Publications http://www.ipoz.biz/ (for fiction, creative non-fiction and poetry). We offer manuscript evaluation and editing services to authors of fiction and poetry, and will refer suitable manuscripts on for consideration by appropriate publishers.
In March 2013, Erudite Scribe will be launching the inaugural John Knight Memorial Poetry Manuscript Prize. Expressions of interest are also invited for participation in our next series of creative writing and editing workshops. Follow our blog page for further post updates. We provide advice and consultancy to individuals and organisations regarding all aspects of writing, editing and publishing. Please feel free to contact Principal Writer and Editor Andrew Leggett directly regarding any inquiry [email protected]